NACE (AMPP) CIP Coating Inspector Level 3 (Peer Level)Kıdemli Sertifikalı Kaplama Enspektörlüğü
CIP Seviye 3
Senior Certified Coatings Inspector
CIP Level 3
The level 3 course is for experienced Certified Coatings Inspectors looking to attain recognition as a Senior Certified Coatings Inspector. Candidates must have expert knowledge in all areas of coating inspection including: surface preparation, coating types, inspection criteria, lab testing, and failure modes for various coatings, including specialized coatings and linings.
AMPP Senior Certified Coatings Inspectors are recognized as experts in their field.
The AMPP Senior Certified Coatings Inspector credential is equivalent to the existing NACE CIP Level 3, and SSPC PCI Level 3 certification. This certification is designed for coating inspectors who aim to be recognized as leaders in the Coatings Inspection field. This includes:
- Highly skilled and experienced in corrosion, surface preparation, cleanliness, environmental conditions, test instruments, coating mixtures, and safety
- Can undertake unsupervised non-destructive and destructive inspections of liquid and non-liquid coatings applied to any substrate
- Has demonstrated technical knowledge, problem solving ability regarding issues that may arise on site and is capable of supervising Basic Coatings Inspectors and Certified Coatings Inspectors
After completing five years of inspection related work and successful completion of the Senior Certified Coatings Inspector peer review oral exam, an advanced inspector has “expert knowledge” of all referenced competencies identified for all levels of the program. They can undertake unsupervised non‐destructive and destructive inspections of liquid and non‐liquid coatings applied to any substrate. The advanced inspector has proven their technical knowledge and ability to communicate regarding practical issues that may arise on site and is capable of supervising basic and intermediate inspectors.
Certification candidates have four (4) years to complete all requirements, including a successful completion of the exam, and an approved application with the required work experience and education requirements.
Who should pursue and apply?
Anyone interested in completing his or her Coatings Inspector Program training to receive recognition as a Certified Coating Inspector – Level 3.
Course learning objectives
Display thorough knowledge of:
- Advanced corrosion theory
- All types of surface preparation, application, and inspection
- Destructive coating inspection equipment
- Standards, and inspection concerns for specialized application equipment
- Concrete coating techniques, concerns and test instruments used for inspection
- Specialized coating techniques and application of non-liquid coatings
- Distinguish between different coating survey techniques, procedures, and common coating failure modes
- Maintenance coating operations, as well as health and safety concerns
Course completion and end of course exam
Successful completion of the course is required to earn a certificate of course completion. Requirements are specific to each course and may include a combination of attendance, daily assessments, activities, quizzes, or knowledge checks. All certification and renewal applicants will be required to complete the AMPP ethics training program OR an equivalent training and provide proof of completion as part of the certification application or renewal process.
The exam for the CIP Level 3 certification is an oral exam.
An approved recertification application is required every 3 years. The work experience requirement for renewals for all certifications is one and half (1.5) years for the most recent three (3) year period. Additionally, some certifications have other requirements related to responsibility in charge.
As you prepare for renewal, please visit My Certification Portal to log and manage your work experience and Professional Development Hours (PDH’s) needed. Your work experience and PDH’s will be submitted as part of your renewal application but you can input PDH’s at any time. See the certification renewal guide for PDH’s requirements, our sample training PDH guide, and our PDH how-to videos.
Certification holders are required to pay a non-refundable processing fee for renewal.
NOTE: AMPP reserves the right to return any incomplete applications or those that do not meet the requirements. All application fees are non-refundable. To avoid processing delays or forfeiture of fees, please ensure that the application is complete, meets all the requirements and payment has been received.